A fractured hip becomes a nightmare of cascading problems because of errors and miscommunication in a Toronto hospital.
What we learned:
To fully understand this story we would need more information, however, here is what we were able to learn:
1. Community care transportation should be free to patients
2. Communication between local hospital and Toronto larger hospital must be clear
3. The number of transfer requests from the patient and family caregivers could be used as quality indicators
4. Is there a process of tracking incoming information between hospitals?
5. Is the phone discussion recorded, or is there any other way of tracking information?