As a result of the unsuccessful surgery and errors and complications (fractured bone, inflammation, implant dislocation) this patient has lost my quality of life, ability to walk in shoes, consumed high impact antibiotics and painkillers and the problem is still not resolved.
What we learned:
1. Patient stories should go to the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
2. Patient should contact their original surgeons
3. Patients shouldn’t go through the complaint process of the CPSO
4. Review all the complaint procedures patients must complete
5. Ombudsman should review the complaints process